AVG Protection 6.29.2
|File size:||16.4 MB|
|Publish date:||June 15, 2020|
|Minimum OS||Android 5.0+ (Lollipop)|
|Category||Android Tools Apps|
About AVG Protection app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewAVG Protection app is a free Android Tools app, has been published by AVG Mobile on June 15, 2020.
AVG Protection 6.29.2 is latest version of AVG Protection app updated by CloudApks.com on January 13, 2021. On this page you can find AVG Protection apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
AVG Protection app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Here's what's new in this update:
* Dark Theme - Do you prefer dark colors? Go to menu or settings and switch between dark and light color schemes. Let us know which one do you prefer!
* Now you can remove the history of commands in Anti-Theft.
* Sort photos in Photo Vault by date.
* Stability and bug fixes to improve overall performance.
The DescriptionProtect your smartphone or tablet against viruses, ransomware, spyware, phishing attempts and other malware in real-time with AVG’s full featured Android protection.
✔ Scan apps and files for malicious viruses, malware and spyware
✔ Locate your lost/stolen phone via Google Maps
✔ Kill tasks and processes that can slow down your phone
✔ Check Wi-Fi speed and scan it for threats
✔ Clean unnecessary files and get more storage space
✔ Protect your photos against prying eyes with Photo Vault
✔ Scan for viruses, malware and spyware
✔ Scan websites for harmful threats (Android's default browser and Chrome)
✔ Wi-Fi Scanner for network encryption, password strength and Captive Portal (ones with 'sign-in' requirement)
✔ VPN Protection: Secure your online privacy
✔ Task and process Killer
✔ Turn off apps draining device's resources
✔ Clear files and free up storage space
✔ Wi-Fi network speed test
Anti-Theft & phone location: (using the AVG website)
✔ Locate your lost/stolen phone via Google Maps
✔ Lock your phone or wipe its content
✔ Set a lock screen message
✔ Make your phone sound a siren
✔ Use Camera Trap to discreetly email yourself a photo of anyone trying to unlock your phone
✔ Surveillance Agent: remotely capture photos and record audio from your phone via our website
✔ Remote History: query your contacts remotely
✔ App Locking: protect sensitive apps with a PIN, pattern, or fingerprint
✔ Hide private pictures in a password-protected Vault
✔ App Permissions: get insight into the level of permission required by your installed apps
✔ Find out how much time you spend in each app on your device
✔ Take back control of your phone-life balance
✔ See where your data is used
✔ Discover potential privacy issues
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This permission allows you to remotely lock and wipe your device from my.avg.com.
This app uses Accessibility permission to protect visually impaired and other users against phishing attacks and malicious websites.
By installing/updating this app, you agree that your use of it is governed by these terms: http://m.avg.com/terms
Download Antivirus for Free Now!
Ratings and Reviews
4.5 out of 5
5 ★ (969)
4 ★ (159)
3 ★ (559)
2 ★ (1889)
1 ★ (12519)
(*) is required
- 5 ★: I've used AVG for years on all my computers and devices. Very happy with it.
- 5 ★: Works great. It's awesome having this installed on my phone. It has all the features the laptop and desktop version I am used to using. It's a smart idea to download this app. and it works.
- 1 ★: This app came installed on my phone and wasn't an issue for the last year. But recently they decided that it needs to be running in the notification bar at all times without being able to choose to hide it. Since this change I have noticed a dip in my battery life, and it's because the app continuously changes and runs new programs within itself. Also I have every notification turned off and every time it updates it turns all of them back on, and it updates pretty often.
- 5 ★: This is a good solid app have never had issues with it. Keeps my phone protected
- 3 ★: I had no problems for the first 8 or so months that i have used the "Pro" version of this app that is included with my phone's package. To be blunt do not use the e-mail contact to report by, instead open the menu tap help/support > then tap FAQ 5 times for a direct link to report via. Otherwise your taking your chances w/an overseas entity that constists of those who really just don't care to be of any relivent help!
- 3 ★: It would have been 5 stars but for some stupid ass reason,after purchasing the pro version,when I downloaded this app to my new phone from the same Google play store I bought it from, all of a sudden I'm getting ads and being harassed to update to PRO version like I didnt already pay for it. You guys and gals behind the selling of these apps that we pay for,need to get it together.
- 2 ★: Great app which I have been using since I got my phone. Decided to get Ultimate version for the VPN too. Everything works as advertised. Two things are a reason why I gave it four stars. One is the inability to remove the icon from the notification bar. Had to lower the score because now VPN is completely unusable, as it only momentarily connects to US addresses before disconnecting. Have to use separate AVG app for VPN functionality.
- 1 ★: This is an update to my previous review: HORRIBLE. It came with the phone, did scans and a couple other minor chores on a regular basis. Ok. But recently it began popping up full screen ads. A nuisance, but I can just click them off. Now it pops up full screen ads with full volume crashing sounds including loud high action music for full action game apps. Talk about a nuisance! Go to disable it, & get a warning that doing so may destabilize phone. Thx AVG. If I have to buy one it won't be yours.
- 3 ★: not liking the persistent AVG is running in the Notification Tray after latest update. The clean junk option regularly tells me it can delete over 500mb's of junk files but once the "cleaning" is done, its only deleted 20 or so mb's of junk. the deep clean feature, requiring a seperate app, suggests that i have 3.19 gb's of junk that i can free up. i installed it and it only freed up around 100mb's of space. The ram boost seems to really only benefit charging time, albeit only by a small percent.
- 5 ★: Awesome antivirus. Its always up to date, its fast and even though it contains ads its NOT like those annoying ads, it doesnt push ads into your face and i respect and appreciate that, because it is a rare thing these days.
- 1 ★: This thing keeps trying and failing to run in the background, it stops working, but in the process of trying to stay open, it KILLS my speed to the point where scrolling down a webpage takes almost ten seconds to load just one scroll. I tried disabling it, let's see if it works.
- 5 ★: All of AVG is awesome! Have been using it for several years now and it is the kind of protection you need to keep your phone secure and virus free. Very user friendly and AVG is always working in the background. You cannot go wrong by using AVG and the majority of what you need is free!
- 1 ★: XPERIA 10 USERS. DONT INSTALL. This app causes your touchscreen to become unresponsive frequently. It almost made my phone practically unusable and I was about to return it. As soon as i uninstalled this app, my phone started working as new and I nsver experienced the unresponsive touchscreen again. Just download the AVG Cleaner instead to clear cache and RAM every now and then. Seriously Xperia 10 users just uninstall this and avoid it.
- 5 ★: So far so great! This app has plenty of useful security features and options to better protect and optimize your mobile experience. It came pre-installed with my Sony XZ3, and so I just knew it wasn't one of those "malware" or "bloatware" apps. Thanks AVG !
- 1 ★: Intrusive battery draining adware/bloatware. Should be illegal. Had to root my phone just to get rid of it. Now battery actually stays charged all day and i can go five minutes without it sending an ad or trying to gain access to stuff. Absolutely horrible program.
Instruction for installing AVG Protection app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download AVG Protection app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.s.antivirus-v6.29.2.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsAVG Protection app apk 6.29.2 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows an application to record audio.
- Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows an application to collect battery statistics
- Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String].
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows an application to request deleting packages.
- Allows an application to request installing packages.
- Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows applications to write the sync settings.
- Allows an app to access approximate location.
- Allows an application to collect component usage statistics
Declaring the permission implies intention to use the API and the user of the device can grant permission through the Settings application.
- Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_APPLICATION_OVERLAY, shown on top of all other apps.
- Marker permission for applications that wish to access notification policy.
- Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- Allows an application to expand or collapse the status bar.
- Allows an application to write the user's calendar data.
- Required to be able to access the camera device.
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows an application to open, close, or disable the status bar and its icons.
- Not for use by third-party applications.
- Allows an application to read or write the secure system settings.
- Required to be able to reboot the device.
- Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
- Allows formatting file systems for removable storage.
Previous versionsAVG Protection 6.29.2:
Published on: June 15, 2020
File size: 16.4 MB
AVG Protection 6.27.3:
Published on: May 10, 2020
File size: 31.2 MB
AVG Protection 6.27.2:
Published on: March 31, 2020
File size: 31.2 MB
AVG Protection 6.26.4:
Published on: March 04, 2020
File size: 31.4 MB
AVG Protection 6.23.9:
Published on: November 07, 2019
File size: 32.4 MB
AVG Protection 6.23.6:
Published on: October 02, 2019
File size: 32.4 MB