WITN News 5.5.6
|File size:||24.1 MB|
|Publish date:||April 11, 2021|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.4+ (KitKat)|
|Category||Android News & Magazines Apps|
About WITN News app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewWITN News app is a free Android News & Magazines app, has been published by Gray Digital Media on April 11, 2021.
WITN News 5.5.6 is latest version of WITN News app updated by CloudApks.com on July 01, 2021. On this page you can find WITN News apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
WITN News app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Fix for the "Allow Once" GPS option
The DescriptionIt’s the Eastern Carolina news experience you’ve waited for! Catch news, sports, and weather anywhere with the WITN app for Android. Share content by email, text, Twitter or Facebook.
Whether it’s severe weather or sports scores, the WITN app for Android keeps you in-the-know while you’re on the go!
This app is ad supported.
Ratings and Reviews
3.3 out of 5
5 ★ (237)
4 ★ (89)
3 ★ (57)
2 ★ (57)
1 ★ (376)
(*) is required
- 3 ★: Too many ads
- 1 ★: This app sucks. All you get is ads and no news! Don't waste your time installing it!
- 1 ★: Too too too many ads
- 2 ★: Today, 23d March 2021: Will not open, one of MANY. Today is 25 Nov 2020 and I see that Amazons internet is down. Is WITN powered by Amazo's internet? This app and, once again, the 10/11 app, won't load and says I need to check My internet svc. Fix it. Please. I know, if it's Amazon you can't fix it, just venting.
- 1 ★: Is not easy to navigate. Very confusing, you don't know where to watch live news.
- 2 ★: The app has been wonderful for the past couple of years. Early last week it started acting up, shutting down, not opening news articles, etc. I checked for updates, uninstalled, reinstalled with no success. I did send a message via the app about this problem and I can't get a response. That in itself concerns me since I use the app for local news. I'm having a problem, either my end or your end, and would like to resolve as this has always been a 5 star app that I've recommended to many people.
- 1 ★: I have been watching WITN News app on my cell for several months. In the past couple weeks it has changed completly. It won't run but less than a minute, only starts with weather, freezes, is covered with ads to the point I only have about an inch of the viewing screen. THIS APP IS USELESS AND I AM GETTING READY TO DUMP IT.
- 3 ★: I love the station. I wish I could use the app for live streaming. But I can't. Why? I have to keep the phone on me and be able to turn down the OBNOXIOUSLY loud Nissan commercials. They literally almost blow my phone speaker. Headphones? Forget it. The Nissan commercial will burst your eardrums. (I have nothing against Greenville Nissan. It's likely not their fault.) Regulate the volume on those commercials! Fix that and I'll use this app daily. Until then, I just can't.
- 1 ★: This app used to be pretty decent for getting local news. Now it loads ads instead of articles. Sometimes there will be one of two real articles at the top of the page, followed by a dozen advertisements designed to look like news. Sometimes no actual articles load at all...ONLY ADS. Beyond useless.
- 3 ★: Hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You get a notification and click on it the app opens and you can not see it. You then have to dig around and maybe you will eventually find the story you started off hoping to see.
- 2 ★: I loved this app. It was my go to for local news and weather. Now when I tap on the news...I get a page full of links to garbage stories...nothing about my local news. I have to now go into the main menu to select Local News. Sadly...I will be uninstalling and finding an app from another news station.
- 1 ★: Since the last update, its very difficult to tell what articles are real or advertisements. I will not be using it anymore until this changes. I come to this app to get unbiased news, not ads.
- 2 ★: This app was o.k. intil they instituted autoplay ads in the weather section. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE DAMN WEATHER WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED. It is especially a problem when using the app in a public place, the ads play without being on-screen, you have to scroll down to stop them.
- 3 ★: The Weather Radar Map IN THIS APP does not have a Find Me feature. So unless you know where you are in NC, you may as well use the WITN Weather App that will give you the Blue Dot to show you where you are, because this WITN NEWS app, doesn't.
- 2 ★: Weather on the go ? Where??? That information is never accurate. So NOW YOU HAVE TO INSTALL WITNS SEPERATE WEATHER APP. This is no where as good as it used to be. By the way, I guess this is suppose to be new and improved and ALWAYS COMES OUT WORSE!
Instruction for installing WITN News app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download WITN News app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.graytv.android.witnnews-v5.5.6.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsWITN News app apk 5.5.6 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows an app to access approximate location.
Previous versionsWITN News 5.5.6:
Published on: April 11, 2021
File size: 24.1 MB
WITN News 5.5.2:
Published on: November 17, 2020
File size: 24 MB
WITN News 5.5.1:
Published on: November 18, 2020
File size: 24 MB
WITN News 5.4.9:
Published on: September 22, 2020
File size: 23.8 MB
WITN News 5.4.7:
Published on: August 13, 2020
File size: 24 MB
WITN News 5.4.6:
Published on: August 30, 2020
File size: 24 MB