See all previous versions
|File size:||20.6 MB|
|Publish date:||February 04, 2021|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.4+ (KitKat)|
|Category||Android Entertainment Apps|
About DStv app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewDStv app is a free Android Entertainment app, has been published by MultiChoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd on February 04, 2021.
DStv 2.3.9 is latest version of DStv app updated by CloudApks.com on May 05, 2021. On this page you can find DStv apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
DStv app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers. In this latest update:
- Updated player controls to improve your viewing experience
Got feedback? Did we do something good or mess something up? We’d love to hear from you - drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DescriptionIf you are a DStv customer in a country within our DStv territories, the DStv app enables you to stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go.
The Live TV and Catch Up content in the DStv app will be as per your DStv subscription package and country where your subscription is held. Due to geo-blocking this content can only be played within the countries in the DStv territories.
As a DStv customer you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv app.
- Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI
- Catch Up on a selection of the most popular shows, sport, and movies
- Download up to 25 videos on Catch Up to enjoy offline later across 4 devices
- With DStv Kids use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies
- Access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to plan your viewing
For legal reasons, the DStv app is not available on uncertified Google devices. Please ensure that you are using a Google-certified device by going to Google Play Store Menu -> Settings -> Device Certification.
Ratings and Reviews
|4.1 out of 5|
5 ★ (21480)
4 ★ (5207)
3 ★ (8280)
2 ★ (20402)
1 ★ (99689)
(*) is required
- 1 ★: This app is now trash, once you close it and open it you lose all functionality as if subscription hasn't been paid, you then have to log out and login again to get it working again. Also movies and shows on catch up always have one issue or the other but the compulsory ads before each video plays always works. Very annoying app.
- 1 ★: Channels are not available on the app the only available channel is channel 100. I use to enjoy using the app before that was since 2019 or so, resently it's not been working well. I had to uninstall the old one and installed a new one yet same problem.
- 2 ★: Recently when I watch live TV on the app, it just breaks and stops my viewing. At first I thought its probably my WiFi connection but even when my connection is at its best I still experience this and my viewing is disturbed. I sometimes shut the app or my phone off then try to watch again but I would still experience the problem.
- 5 ★: It's great, its got few ads. Though i hate that it's got not much 'catch up' on, i love that it delays live tv by a few minutes. I would like to see some change (updates) in the future.
- 1 ★: Very bad of late. Only able to view channel 100 and that other channel. I have tried on several occasions to reach Live chat team but no solution. Everytime am being told to clear cache, refresh landing page, etc. That does not help!!!
- 1 ★: Need to logout. Clear all data. Force stop the app to get full functionality. Otherwise only a few channels are available. The app then works for a few minutes. Then again I need to repeat above. Does this on various devices. Call Centre has reset my account and profile many times without success. Really annoying
- 1 ★: For some reason, the only available channel for viewing under "All Channels" on live TV is Dish.... if mobile viewing of available channels on a subscriber's bouquet is no longer available, then what's the point of the app? Fix this, or you might as well take down the app.
- 1 ★: This could easily have been a 4 star but logging in is the most difficult thing, I have called customer support several times but the app logs you out for no reason and then you have to reset your password every single time
- 1 ★: Since i renewed my subscription, the only channel i get on this App is Dish on TV. I have tried to log out and re log in, I have tried updating the app, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. I have sent message to the live chat platform for resolution. Same story. RUBISH!
- 1 ★: Everytime it's something went wrong and videos in catch-up are nt loading only the ads...and as for live chat u r nt even responding .it's frustrating tht everytime u want to chat u have to enter ur name and email plus if u leave the page the messages disappear .just go back to the previous live chat not this one u have introduced
- 1 ★: Search function does not work properly. I reported this a few years ago. The program 'gold rush Dave turin' s lost mine', will only be shown if you search for 'dave' or 'mine'. Searching for 'gold', 'rush', 'turin' or 'lost' does nor return this program.
- 1 ★: I only see few channels on my app for several weeks now. I always have to sign out and sign in again to see all the channels but after few hours they dissappear again. DSTV at its best neh, not surprised. Netflix ke boss
- 3 ★: Seems like the new update helped get rid of the issue. Thank you. Kindly increase the number of persons who can stream simultaneously. An average family has 4 members. Stream limit cannot be 2 or at times 1.
- 3 ★: When can we expect higher bitrates? The quality is a bit lacking. Not bad, but for users who have high speeds and uncapped data, higher quality would be nice. Not higher resolution, higher quality. Also there is a minute delay with live television so how exactly is that live?
- 1 ★: Feed keeps dropping, have tried this on two different phones and experience the same problem, also tried on different networks same problem. Not the easiest to navigate, cannot see what's up next on live TV
Instruction for installing DStv app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download DStv app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.dstvmobile.android-v2.3.9.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsDStv app apk 2.3.9 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
Previous versionsDStv 2.3.9:
Published on: February 04, 2021
File size: 20.6 MB
Published on: January 08, 2021
File size: 20.5 MB
Published on: November 12, 2020
File size: 20.5 MB
Published on: September 18, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: May 19, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: April 23, 2020
File size: 18 MB