See all previous versions
|File size:||20.5 MB|
|Publish date:||November 12, 2020|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.4+ (KitKat)|
|Category||Android Entertainment Apps|
About DStv app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewDStv app is a free Android Entertainment app, has been published by MultiChoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd on November 12, 2020.
DStv 2.3.5 is latest version of DStv app updated by CloudApks.com on November 28, 2020. On this page you can find DStv apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
DStv app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers. In this latest update:
- Fixes issues with accessing the app
- User Interface updates
- Bug fixes
Got feedback? Did we do something good or mess something up? We’d love to hear from you - drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DescriptionIf you are a DStv customer in a country within our DStv territories, the DStv app enables you to stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go.
The Live TV and Catch Up content in the DStv app will be as per your DStv subscription package and country where your subscription is held. Due to geo-blocking this content can only be played within the countries in the DStv territories.
As a DStv customer you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv app.
- Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI
- Catch Up on a selection of the most popular shows, sport, and movies
- Download up to 25 videos on Catch Up to enjoy offline later across 4 devices
- With DStv Kids use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies
- Access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to plan your viewing
For legal reasons, the DStv app is not available on uncertified Google devices. Please ensure that you are using a Google-certified device by going to Google Play Store Menu -> Settings -> Device Certification.
Ratings and Reviews
|3.9 out of 5|
5 ★ (26966)
4 ★ (4873)
3 ★ (7870)
2 ★ (17668)
1 ★ (80250)
(*) is required
- 1 ★: Nonsense app. Everytime I go on the app I have to log out and sign in again in order to see all the channels. On top of that, I can't watch on my laptop. No catch up, no live viewing. Just a nonsense service with the worst customer service on the planet.
- 3 ★: Security features are really awful, set the app in such a way that the admin (owner) to be the one getting verification codes for any other devices trying to use their account. Because the password and removing devices doesn't actually solve it, you remove devices and even change password and before you know it they are back again using your account. And creating their profiles. Profiles should be created by admin only. And authorization, think of a two factor authentication or sth
- 1 ★: The app keeps displaying a "video playback error" message all the time hence forcing me to close. And when I reopen, it starts playing the old mutual advert and the catch up advert all the time then keeps reloading and displaying the "video playback error" message again. Like what is this!!!
- 3 ★: Episodes for some shows are skipped-so we have ep 7 and then 9. What happened to ep 8? Regularly watched content is not updating. I rather see what I selected once in my recently watched for months instead. Really shows like 90 days... that have a lot of season playing on regular view would benefit from being on catch up are not there.
- 2 ★: When you try to watch something on catch up it gives a video playback error. It doesn't have all the highlights from games that was broadcasted. The whole point of this app is when you're on the go and missed a game you can catch. It can't even do that #useless
- 1 ★: Absolute nonsense of an app especially trying to get help via live chat I can't keep experiencing the same problem every day. Then they can't resolve my problem 😤😤 just nonsense honestly. Every time I try to watch content there is none available every single time so what's the point of having it
- 4 ★: Hello DSTV, I like the app because I can watch football any where and anytime. But my challenge is that when I try to cast to my Hisense Smart TV. I only get the audio not the video. Please this is almost making me stop using this app because it's big for me. I want to enjoy football on the big screen.. Please look into it.. May be adding a Google Cast SDK can work....
- 4 ★: Since my last review in January (very negative review), I must say that the DSTV app has improved tremendously. However, there is one aspect that is fast becoming a problem and that is the amount of battery drain. Please dev, look for into this. Thank you!
- 1 ★: This app is nonsense...I've had a server 500 error for 2 weeks now whenever I try to play anything. I've reported the issue on Live chat several times and have had no luck. DSTV is pretty much useless and I would NEVER recommend this app to anyone.
- 1 ★: Wow!! what a disappointment....I was ready to catch up on my favorite shows but to my surprise when i login after app update I only find Woza Matric shows, like why because not everyone who watches dstv is in matric? This app was work fine before this update....were u really updating the app or you just wanted to annoy us? Please fix this mess ASAP!! We need value for our money and data not this rubbish!!!
- 1 ★: It was functioning exceptionally well in the beginning but then the update came and it's got more problems and bugs than solutions. EVERYTIME I want to watch from my device I have to contact support to reactivate the account. EVERYTIME!! That's just unacceptable
- 1 ★: Worked fairly well until about a month ago. Suddenly can't watch anything anymore. Updating didn't help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, now it doesn't even open anymore.
- 1 ★: Video playback error on Samsung A31. Also does not complete downloads. I have contacted multichoice and Samsung and nobody can find a solution. App is basically useless on this phone. Works fine with Xperia and s10 though...
- 1 ★: How hard is it to develop a streaming application that does nothing but connect users to a streaming server? The persistent errors that come with every "update" are embarrassing, get people who actually know what they are doing to develop the app!!!
- 1 ★: The app was really good, but after the latest update it became horrible. Whenever i login i only get wooza matric things with few channels like supersport play and dish on Tv channels. My package is compact but i cant access the channels at all. Very dissapointing
Instruction for installing DStv app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download DStv app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.dstvmobile.android-v2.3.5.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsDStv app apk 2.3.5 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
Previous versionsDStv 2.3.5:
Published on: November 12, 2020
File size: 20.5 MB
Published on: September 18, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: May 19, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: April 23, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: April 01, 2020
File size: 18 MB
Published on: March 17, 2020
File size: 18 MB