Spike Recorder 220.127.116.11
|File size:||4.4 MB|
|Publish date:||May 23, 2020|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.4+ (KitKat)|
|Category||Android Education Apps|
About Spike Recorder app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewSpike Recorder app is a free Android Education app, has been published by Backyard Brains on May 23, 2020.
Spike Recorder 18.104.22.168 is latest version of Spike Recorder app updated by CloudApks.com on September 26, 2020. On this page you can find Spike Recorder apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
Spike Recorder app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Bug where only half of the Average Spike Analysis graph would be drawn is fixed.
The DescriptionWhen was the first time you heard the sound of a brain cell? Was it in elementary school, high school, or college? Chances are your answer is "never," as we neuroscientists have typically had to go to major research universities and use expensive equipment to learn about and investigate the brain.
With the SpikerBox (available open-source from http://backyardbrains.com) you can now listen to living neurons from insects. With this android app, you can view what the spikes of neurons look like and record it to your phone for later analysis. What used to take up a whole room you now have in your hand, and for cheap. Think of it!
Our first Android release includes both long continuous and threshold views, and you can also tell us about the first time you heard a neuron that updates directly on our website. Join the Neuro-Converts! Do let us know us know about your experiments.
Note: The application normally picks up input through your Android's built-in microphone. If you want to plug directly into your SpikerBox, or any audio device, you need a custom male-to-male headphone cable (a normal one won't work), available from our website. It has to do with routing an output channel to an input channel. We also have instructions if you want to build one yourself.
Ratings and Reviews
4.3 out of 5
Less than 100 Ratings
5 ★ (3)
4 ★ (4)
3 ★ (9)
2 ★ (9)
1 ★ (47)
(*) is required
- 5 ★: I was wondering if there are any other apps out there that are good for studying neuroscience?
- 4 ★: I am using this app to visualize EMG muscle sensor output.They should include other features such as FFT and some basic features
- 5 ★: Easy and intuitive - great design!
- 1 ★: Even when directly plugged into the box, my phone picks up external audio making this app essentially useless.
- 5 ★: it's a wonderful app, I love it.
- 5 ★: Awesome app
- 5 ★: Useful app to go along with your product the SpikerBox
- 5 ★: Really sweet, my kids love it!!!
- 3 ★: In my experience with my university group the app displays very variable performance results between devices (3 androids & 1 iPhone tested). As of this writing we have had difficulty reproducing quality results on any one device, it seems interference or some other factor plays a significant role in app output. Check compatibility beforehand.
- 3 ★: The app is crashing in moto g4 plus. Please fix it.
- 5 ★: Viva BYB!
- 5 ★: Bests for teaching
Instruction for installing Spike Recorder app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download Spike Recorder app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.backyardbrains-v22.214.171.124.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsSpike Recorder app apk 126.96.36.199 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows an application to record audio.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
Previous versionsSpike Recorder 188.8.131.52:
Published on: May 23, 2020
File size: 4.4 MB
Spike Recorder 184.108.40.206:
Published on: June 11, 2019
File size: 4.1 MB
Spike Recorder 220.127.116.11:
Published on: April 10, 2019
File size: 4 MB
Spike Recorder 18.104.22.168:
Published on: April 05, 2019
File size: 4 MB
Spike Recorder 22.214.171.124:
Published on: February 07, 2019
File size: 3.9 MB
Spike Recorder 126.96.36.199:
Published on: October 12, 2018
File size: 3.9 MB