AOL - News, Mail & Video 6.22.5
|File size:||24.5 MB|
|Publish date:||April 07, 2021|
|Minimum OS||Android 6.0+ (Marshmallow)|
|Category||Android News & Magazines Apps|
About AOL - News, Mail & Video app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewAOL - News, Mail & Video app is a free Android News & Magazines app, has been published by AOL Inc. on April 07, 2021.
AOL - News, Mail & Video 6.22.5 is latest version of AOL - News, Mail & Video app updated by CloudApks.com on April 27, 2021. On this page you can find AOL - News, Mail & Video apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
AOL - News, Mail & Video app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)This release of the AOL app includes a brand new email section.
The DescriptionFrom the latest headlines to fast-loading email and trending videos, AOL app brings it all together on your mobile device.
Notifications around breaking news and important emails help you stay informed and connected. Stay on top of today's top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
· Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle and weather
· Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance and AOL Sports
· Never miss a story with instant breaking news push notifications
· Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter and email
· Secure your account with your fingerprint, PIN or pattern
· Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
· Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
· Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark or flag emails
· Tap once to empty all trash and spam
· Accessibility: Enabled for switch control, physical keyboards, and alternate input devices
· Check weather in your location with a single tap
· Hourly and daily forecasts
· Customized notifications
· Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
· Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals and top stories
Ratings and Reviews
3.5 out of 5
5 ★ (30850)
4 ★ (7667)
3 ★ (6848)
2 ★ (16623)
1 ★ (55340)
(*) is required
- 1 ★: What is happening!?! I've had this app forever, but lately it's a major headache. Stalls. Inconsistent notices. Inability to update. Horrible! I don't know what is going on, but it has made email account a hassle.to access. Please fix it... or this is the end of AOL for sure.😔 (edit) I am truly considering leaving this account after MANY years. I just sent an email that took me quite some time to edit... AND AOL sent it - MINUS ALL THE EDIT MATERIAL!?! What the heck is wrong with you!?!
- 1 ★: Since the update, AOL includes ads into the count of how many things are in your inbox. I literally have one in my inbox and draft folder all the time that I can't get rid of. Not to mention the purposely make the ads look exactly like emails... And then they have the audacity to have a spam folder....
- 2 ★: I much prefer the older version of the app. Folders were more easily accessible. It would also actually acknowledge if I read or deleted an email. Now when I check my inbox on desktop, emails I marked as read or deleted in the app still remain in my inbox. Finally, it seems there is no longer any way to attach a full-sized image file via this app. All images appear in the email body, no matter how they are attached, and they are shrunk down accordingly.
- 1 ★: AOL decided to revise their app, NOT my choice. It just happened, no choice involved. It's very poor at best. When you open the app, it goes to AOL news, not your email. Ads are there all the time. Not easy to delete a bunch of emails how it was first revised, but you can modify and get rid of the stupid icons for each email. Lost more than half my folders. Thanks for nothing AOL. Another reason for me to move on. Don't bother.
- 1 ★: I was checking in to see if the bug or issue was fixed yet. If you need to enlarge the email with your fingers it goes straight to the top of the email and you cannot scroll downward. The latest update is horrible, feature buttons on bottom, and an extra step access the one I use most. Whenever I access my mail, it goes to the news first instead of mail. The screen movement does not work right and the overall appearance is more childlike.
- 1 ★: Apparently it is not possible to sort by unread email in the newest version. The new layout is pretty but less functional. I prefer function over form. I should add that I contacted the premium help service and they confirmed that this has been decontented and I should let the developer know. Update: OK I found the "read" and "unread" mail feature. Back to 1 star. Not enough room for details but all the other reviews say it well. Can't see paying for this anymore.
- 2 ★: Used to be great. The new "update" sucks. I can no longer check who is actually sending an email, which in the era of phishing is unconscionable. It no longer responds to auto rotate, so I get to have a plug stuck in my stomach. It automatically disappears mail I have opened, but may wish to return to, now have to go to old mail and search forit. EVERY suggestion on the site is to give us the chance to return to the old version. What were they thinking? Just read permissions. Horrible.
- 2 ★: I liked the app just fine until the other day when it updated (sometime early April 2021). The layout is awful and reeks of "that junk email you don't use but don't delete because you don't remember you even have it most of the time." The inbox screen looks cluttered and messy, and somehow every email looks like spam, even the ones I want. I'm hoping there's a chance to revert, since it seems I'm not alone in feeling this way. Two stars instead of one because it's still functional I guess.
- 3 ★: The NEW AOL App loads so slowly and the address book even slower. Very annoying. It's not better, it's different and worse. It looked like GMAIL, which I don't like and is the reason I've stayed on AOL for 25 years. I also can't find pics and then send them via AOL. I have to start an email and then I can add pics. Previous version I could do all kinds of things. It's now slow. Try AGAIN, AOL.
- 1 ★: This new update is absolute garbage! I've been with aol since 1998 and am currently paying $35 a month for the package. I have been unhappy with all the updates of the past and have resisted going elsewhere for my email since changing my address with all my contacts is such a hassle but this update has pushed me over the edge. I will be going elsewhere and saving myself $35 a month. Your loss!!!!!!
- 3 ★: For the most part, the app is nice. Visually easy to read, and notifications can be adjusted. However, this app does not give you the option to change your home screen to Email. It opens up directly to news, even though I selected no to all news notifications. I want to open up to my emails directly. If I want more negativity, I will turn on the news on TV. I don't need to read negativity on my Email app. Thank you in advance for listening.
- 1 ★: I have been an AOL user since 1990 and loved it!! Unfortunately, this new version is ineffective and difficult to use! I dislike the daily separations, the date is enough! Today's mail doesn't always come up ... and is difficult to find...what am I doing wrong? I would prefer the older, simpler version as more user friendly!!! Very unhappy..otherwise I would give you 5 stars!!! I LOVED AOL!! AM SO DISAPPOINTED!!!
- 1 ★: I have been using AOL as my sole email provider for almost 20 years and been using the app since I first started using a smartphone. I have NEVER been so disappointed until this update!! Bring back the old way!! This change was unecessary, unwanted, and, frankly, if it wasn't such a headache to notify everyone of a new email address, I would have already found a new service!!
- 1 ★: If it ain't broke, don't destroy it. I can no longer access sent or old mail! What possessed AOL to make the changes they made? Sure, you can accidentally discover how to access those folders, which is by pressing and holding the New Mail icon, now (illogically) located at the bottom left of the mail screen. However, when I select Sent, I get a blank, blue screen. The same thing happens when selecting the Old mail option. I have used AOL for my email since 2002. Not any more. Way to go, AOL.
- 3 ★: This app was great until the latest update of the email part. I like to use it on my Galaxy Tab tablet in landscape and significant parts of the updated email won't rotate. So I can write an email in landscape but then have to use the tablet in portrait if I want to see my inbox. I'm sure they'll sort it soon but, until then, I'm having to use it in portrait on my phone.
Instruction for installing AOL - News, Mail & Video app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download AOL - News, Mail & Video app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.aol.mobile.aolapp-v6.22.5.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsAOL - News, Mail & Video app apk 6.22.5 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- Allows applications to write the sync settings.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- Allows an app to access approximate location.
- Required to be able to access the camera device.
- Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- Allows applications to read the sync stats.
Previous versionsAOL - News, Mail & Video 6.22.5:
Published on: April 07, 2021
File size: 24.5 MB
AOL - News, Mail & Video 5.15.0:
Published on: October 06, 2020
File size: 21 MB
AOL - News, Mail & Video 184.108.40.206:
Published on: May 26, 2020
File size: 21.2 MB
AOL - News, Mail & Video 5.13.0:
Published on: March 11, 2020
File size: 20.1 MB
AOL - News, Mail & Video 5.12.0:
Published on: February 27, 2020
File size: 20.1 MB
AOL - News, Mail & Video 220.127.116.11:
Published on: February 05, 2020
File size: 20.1 MB