See all previous versions
|File size:||13 MB|
|Publish date:||November 19, 2019|
|Minimum OS||Android 5.0+ (Lollipop)|
|Category||Android Travel & Local Apps|
About Amtrak app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewAmtrak app is a free Android Travel & Local app, has been published by Amtrak on November 19, 2019.
Amtrak 4.0.3 is latest version of Amtrak app updated by CloudApks.com on September 04, 2019. On this page you can find Amtrak apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
Amtrak app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Thanks for choosing the Amtrak app. Here’s what’s new:
Improved booking and travel management features.
• Save credit cards to your profile for quick checkout
• Book tickets with your Amtrak Guest Rewards points
• Enhanced profile management (including ability to edit)
• Book Auto Train tickets
• Train status and calendar usability improvements
• Reserved parking options available for purchase at ticket confirmation
We continue to improve the experience. Please check frequently for updates.
The DescriptionDiscover the convenience of traveling with Amtrak. With the Amtrak app you can get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
• Show your eTicket while onboard, including multi-ride and monthly passes - no need to print
• Purchase one-way, roundtrip, multi-ride and monthly tickets with dollars or Amtrak Guest Rewards points
• Check train status
• Find station information
• Edit and manage your account profile
• Save credit cards for quick checkout
• And so much more...
With the Amtrak app, you can do it all right from your smart device.
Ratings and Reviews
|3.7 out of 5|
5 ★ (8,484)
4 ★ (3,336)
3 ★ (2,020)
2 ★ (1,639)
1 ★ (2,939)
(*) is required
- 5 ★: Really like this app. it makes taking the train simple and quick to board the train with electronic tickets so no having to chase down paper tickets. it also provides reminders of boarding times and notifications if a train may be running late. It also keeps track of your miles that can go toward discounts on future trips.
- 3 ★: The app doesn't save your trips and you can't track your trip in real time. You can't see your receipt for the trip in the app. the notification (late trains, station dysfunctions, etc) feature doesn't ever notify you. in general- this app allows you to purchase your ticket. that's about it. Amtrak needs to invest in updating their app platform.
- 2 ★: its almost impossible to get back to your reservation if u made a mistake & theres no place to put u are disabled & a senior. ill need help getting on & off so how will i know if there will be someone there to help me? other thing i live in Porterville, Ca & have to travel to Hanford, Ca to board the train, i cannot find any information on how to travel to & from the station? there should be a way to find out in the app, u expect travlers to board a train without transportion information?
- 1 ★: The worst, most poorly thought-out travel app out there. It doesn't save your credit card, so you need to pull out your card and type it in every time you buy or change a ticket. The app does not sync with the Amtrak webs, so if you buy your ticket on thw site, it doesn't show up in the app and vice versa. The app always shows you at zero points & doesn't show your elite status. It boggles my mind how Amtrak, charging as much as a airline, has an app so much worse than every subway in America.
- 2 ★: this app doesn't let you put in your recent travels with Amtrak, I'm trying to upload my lastest trip and the money I spent on the food car. My trip was on July 19 out of Sacramento- to Berkeley. Return trip 543 to Sacramento . I'm disabled so I got a discount.
- 1 ★: I can't find a train I can take using this app. The options I select aren't available. It should give me alternate suggestions, but instead I would have to hunt and peck around until I finally find a booking available on the dates and locations I have selected. I don't know if it's the departure dates I'm selecting, or the locations. A good app would show me the next available options.
- 2 ★: Information is all out of date and manually refreshing doesn't fix it. It still shows my old phone number and hasn't updated my point balance from a trip a month ago (both of which display correctly on the website). Also can't update any profile information
- 4 ★: why is it so hard to find and open my ticket on the app? I'm already logged in when I open the app yet it requires me to go back to email, etc. Update: Just installed app update and a link to trips is right there. thank you!
- 1 ★: won't let me purchase tickets. now im afraid to use the app to show my tickets while on the train. not worth the ticket. I'll just purchase the old fashion way to avoid the hassel with the person on the train asking to see your train ticket.
- 4 ★: I ride with Amtrak very often, and the app makes the booking process and ticket presentation so much easier and quicker. My only complaint is that I noticed my points are not being added to my rewards when I book tickets on the app like I can do through the website and customer service.
- 2 ★: Does not work for booking, only looking. After filing out all info to buy tickets it's canceled due to too many spaces in passenger name. There are no spaces in the name. 800 USA RAIL phone works great.
- 3 ★: When this app works, it's really great. I love how it is designed to store your tickets, and I enjoy the ability to check train status. But lately, my purchased tickets do not appear in the app at all. Neither do my past tickets. I still have to download my tickets and can't do very much with this app. It seems to work maybe 45% of the time.
- 1 ★: This app has proven useless on my most recent trip. It freezes up every time I try to do anything. I was unable to check status on my way to our destination and now it won't let me enter a station to try to book a retun trip. I'm not sure exactly what it's good for.
- 1 ★: Keeps showing a grey overlay which doesn't go away and keeps me from interacting with the app entirely. 100% useless. EDIT: Came back to leave a 1-star review and realized I had already left one. This app is still garbage. Entered my login and password while having a nice strong internet connection, said "No data connection available." Killed app, relaunched, entered same painful password, and then logged in. This app is atrocious with how it manages the network connection.
- 2 ★: When I put in my trip the app tells me at least one part of my trip is unavailable. It doesn't tell me which part. It is up to me to keep trying different dates. App is basically useless.
Instruction for installing Amtrak app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download Amtrak app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.amtrak.rider-v4.0.3.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsAmtrak app apk 4.0.3 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.
- Allows an application to write the user's calendar data.
- Allows an app to access approximate location.
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
Previous versionsAmtrak 4.0.3:
Published on: November 19, 2019
File size: 13 MB
Published on: October 16, 2019
File size: 13.1 MB
Published on: October 09, 2019
File size: 13.5 MB
Published on: August 20, 2019
File size: 13.4 MB
Published on: June 15, 2019
File size: 28.5 MB
Published on: May 08, 2019
File size: 28.5 MB