GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.7.1
|File size:||15.1 MB|
|Publish date:||May 11, 2021|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean)|
|Category||Android Tools Apps|
About GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewGammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app is a free Android Tools app, has been published by Image Insight, Inc. on May 11, 2021.
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.7.1 is latest version of GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app updated by CloudApks.com on May 13, 2021. On this page you can find GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Version 3.7.1
• License expires 2021-10-31
• Update permissions
The DescriptionSee if your device is compatible at http://gammapix.com/devices
Developed initially for several federal agencies, turns your phone into a detector of ionizing radiation. The GammaPix technology has been successfully tested at independent labs with calibrated sources. It was developed with support from the U.S. Department of Defense, the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (U.S. Department of Homeland Security), and the Transportation Research Board (U.S. National Academy of Sciences). We were encouraged by them to bring this technology to the public.
Worried about accidental exposure to radioactive material or acts of terrorism? The GammaPix App can provide timely warning of the presence of radioactivity using nothing more than your phone's camera. While it is NOT meant to be a substitute for dedicated ionizing radiation detectors, it is a rapid and convenient way of making preliminary threat estimates.
We hope you enjoy using GammaPix!
• Various circumstances may compromise the measurement or make the results inaccurate.
• Automatic monitoring will use ~1-5% of your battery, but could warn you of radiation even when not using the App.
• A 5 to 10-minute initialization is required before you use the application for the first time. We know this step slows you down, but it really is necessary to get the best results. Please perform this step in a place you know is likely to be free of excessive radioactivity, with your device cool and unplugged.
• For best results make sure no light is getting into the camera when you run the GammaPix App. Putting the phone in your pocket or covering it with a book works well.
• A reading takes about 3 to 5 minutes if there's no danger. Dangerous levels will be reported sooner.
• Try out Settings > Use long third stage for a more sensitive reading!
• The GammaPix App will not work on some phone models because the camera optimization at low light levels gives "bright" pictures.
• Not all phone models have been calibrated. We'll use your readings to provide a calibration for your model. The more you take, the sooner we'll have a calibration.
Ratings and Reviews
3.0 out of 5
5 ★ (296)
4 ★ (21)
3 ★ (63)
2 ★ (35)
1 ★ (289)
(*) is required
- 5 ★: its thermoluminescent techno(TLDs) As gamma rays goes through a crystal, it stores the energy as light. Hence covering the camera eye to calibrate. In TLD processing the stored energy is released and measured 4 dose. For improved rad detection Spend about 25 bucks get a Geiger Mulller Tube. A hermetically sealed gas chamber, the rays pass thru exciting the electrons. Use Mortons lite salt fora check source Potassium Chloride, a radioisotope I've had a lot of fun in grocery stores using these
- 1 ★: L.O.L. doesn't work. "Please cover and hold lens" for several minutes. "All Clear!" Nope.
- 2 ★: Nice, but no way to stop it monitoring in the background. Apparently you must only install it when actively concerned about radiation
- 1 ★: Dosent work well. scintillation type is best as stated in the disclaimer.
- 1 ★: All reviews are paid or done by their own employees. App doesn't work in any mobile device. I tried all instructions but it doesn't work at all. I'm complaining to Google via Google user deceive form. Hope their app or their account gets suspended. You wasted my 45 minutes. Try using "prank" in app title or I'll complain to google.
- 1 ★: This doesn't do ANYTHING but tell me my camera is uncovered, when it isn't. This thing is useless and a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2 ★: Past reviewer is right - what good is it if there is no actual reading.
- 1 ★: Thus is stupid, i keeo covering lens like it wants me to do, but fir some reason it ses i havent civered camera. Yakk stupud
- 4 ★: I work around Ionising radiation (X-ray and Gamma). This app does indeed detect radiation. How accurate I don't know. But does indeed warn me when radiation is in use near by.
- 1 ★: This app is bull to collect too much data and it stores it for as long as they want. Including personally identifying information and your location l
- 1 ★: Doesnt work. Tested and failed all tests.
- 1 ★: Covered camera internally with two layers of foil. Still says camera uncovered.
- 1 ★: Useless, claims camera was uncovered even though it wasn't (note 9)
- 1 ★: good for nothing app just wastes ur time
- 1 ★: Waste of time, doesn't work
Instruction for installing GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.ImageInsightInc.GammaPixLite-v3.7.1.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsGammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk 3.7.1 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Required to be able to access the camera device.
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
Previous versionsGammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.7.1:
Published on: May 11, 2021
File size: 15.1 MB
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.6.9:
Published on: December 07, 2020
File size: 16.1 MB
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.6.5:
Published on: July 24, 2020
File size: 15.1 MB
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.6.4:
Published on: April 28, 2020
File size: 15 MB
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.6.3:
Published on: November 04, 2019
File size: 14.8 MB
GammaPix Lite - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.6.2:
Published on: July 23, 2019
File size: 14.8 MB