GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.5.3
|File size:||1 MB|
|Publish date:||July 29, 2019|
|Minimum OS||Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread)|
|Category||Android Tools Apps|
About GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewGammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app is a free Android Tools app, has been published by Image Insight, Inc. on July 29, 2019.
GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.5.3 is latest version of GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app updated by CloudApks.com on October 08, 2020. On this page you can find GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Version 3.6.2
• Updated Google Play Support Libraries
• Made changes to enable more consistent automatic readings on some devices
• Changed default calibration to be more representative of recent devices
The DescriptionSee if your device is compatible at http://gammapix.com/devices
Unlike the Lite version, this App only require a network connection to operate after several days. We recommend you update GammaPix from time to time to check for new calibrations.
Developed initially for several federal agencies, turns your phone into a detector of ionizing radiation. The GammaPix technology has been successfully tested at independent labs with calibrated sources. It was developed with support from the U.S. Department of Defense, the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (U.S. Department of Homeland Security), and the Transportation Research Board (U.S. National Academy of Sciences). We were encouraged by them to bring this technology to the public.
Worried about accidental exposure to radioactive material or acts of terrorism? The GammaPix App can provide timely warning of the presence of radioactivity using nothing more than your phone's camera. While it is NOT meant to be a substitute for dedicated ionizing radiation detectors, it is a rapid and convenient way of making preliminary threat estimates.
We hope you enjoy using GammaPix!
• Various circumstances may compromise the measurement or make the results inaccurate.
• Automatic monitoring will use ~1-5% of your battery, but could warn you of radiation even when not using the App.
• A 10 to 20-minute initialization is required before you use the application for the first time. We know this step slows you down, but it really is necessary to get the best results. Please perform this step in a place you know is likely to be free of excessive radioactivity, with your device cool and unplugged.
• For best results make sure no light is getting into the camera when you run the GammaPix App. Putting the phone in your pocket or covering it with a book works well.
• A reading takes about 3 to 5 minutes if there's no danger. Dangerous levels will be reported sooner.
• Try out Settings > Use long third stage for a more sensitive reading!
• The GammaPix App will not work on some phone models because the camera optimization at low light levels gives "bright" pictures.
• Not all phone models have been calibrated. We'll use your readings to provide a calibration for your model. The more you take, the sooner we'll have a calibration.
Ratings and Reviews
3.4 out of 5
Less than 100 Ratings
5 ★ (7)
4 ★ (8)
3 ★ (4)
2 ★ (11)
1 ★ (14)
(*) is required
- 2 ★: No calibration for samsung galaxy note 3, please add calibration then 5 stars.
- 3 ★: Five stars when it gets calibration for galaxy s5
- 5 ★: Nexus 7
- 2 ★: This app used to work, giving me a specific level regardless of "safety" Now it just says "safe" for low levels, making it useless. Even if low levels are in accurate, comparing them to a background level were useful for comparison. I used to be able to detect monazite vs background, or potassium chloride, or 10%thorium welding wire. Now I get nothing. I want to test for radiation existence, not safety, so this device is useless. It can't even detect being in an airplane, which is 3x background during the day, and 2x night time background at night. It made a useful tool useless.
- 2 ★: App failed to identify presence of Co-60, Sr-90, Cs-137 sources in nuclear engineering laboratory using Samsung Galaxy S3. Zero microsieverts were registered both away from sources and in close proximity, and at all distances in between. Test conducted twice, with identical results. Installation and setup of app was easy, though I am not confident in the results, at least on the phone used to test.
- 5 ★: Ignorance isn't always bliss. A fine app giving useful results. I recommend it highly :-)
- 4 ★: No calibration for the galaxy s3, which is a pretty popular phone. It still initialized successfully, however my phone picks up radiation in my night stand where I initialized it and not my decade old microwave. I plan to keep the app for when my phones fully supported though, it deffinitly works.
- 4 ★: Does what it says on the tin. Installed fine but tells me no specification for Galaxy S4 so only an approximate calibration was carried out? As above .
- 1 ★: No mater how much I cover the camera it keeps telling me the initiation failed. Nexus 10
- 1 ★: The app repeatedly locked up, as well as prevented me from using the camera even when the app wasn't running. I received one response from support suggesting I reboot my phone. What good is an app if I have to reboot my phone everything I want to run it? Still no response from tech support to my earlier query. Avoid this app.
Instruction for installing GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download GammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (com.ImageInsightInc.GammaPix-v3.5.3.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
Previous versionsGammaPix - Gamma Radiation Detector 3.5.3:
Published on: July 29, 2019
File size: 1 MB