See all previous versions
|File size:||5.8 MB|
|Publish date:||February 21, 2015|
|Minimum OS||Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich)|
|Category||Android Communication Apps|
About OpenConnect app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewOpenConnect app is a free Android Communication app, has been published by Kevin Cernekee on February 21, 2015.
OpenConnect 1.11 is latest version of OpenConnect app updated by CloudApks.com on September 04, 2019. On this page you can find OpenConnect apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
OpenConnect app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)- Fix "Unknown compression type 0" errors when CSTP and DTLS use different compression settings
The DescriptionOpenConnect is an SSL VPN client for Cisco AnyConnect and ocserv gateways.
- One-click connection (batch mode)
- Supports RSA SecurID and TOTP software tokens
- Keepalive feature to prevent unnecessary disconnections
- Compatible with ARMv7, x86, and MIPS devices
- No root required
- 100% open source (GPLv2+); 100% free; no ads
- Based on the popular OpenConnect Linux package
- An account on a suitable VPN server
- Android 4.0 (ICS) or higher (with working VpnService + tun infrastructure)
XDA thread and FAQ: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2616121
Source code: https://github.com/cernekee/ics-openconnect
Please do not use the reviews to request features or report issues, as they do not provide a suitable forum for support. Please post your question in the XDA thread, file a bug report in the Github project, or email me directly at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
|4.4 out of 5|
5 ★ (1,849)
4 ★ (357)
3 ★ (168)
2 ★ (50)
1 ★ (165)
(*) is required
- 5 ★: The official AnyConnect client didn't let me connect to anything for work but this works just like I would have hoped.
- 5 ★: No one should ever use the anyconnect one. This one rules. One thing I'd like to see though is a persistent notification so I can quickly get to the app
- 5 ★: One click, just like advertised!!! Couldn't have been easier!
- 5 ★: This is a somewhat niche app for those who want to interface with an SSL VPN in a more traditional way (i. e. using a client instead of a browser...). This app "does what it says on the tin" and has worked great for me during the limited time I have been using it. Offhand, I can't really think of anything that the app is missing that most people would need. Great job!
- 5 ★: Batch mode and cached credentials mean that when there's a work emergency I don't waste valuable time accessing my password manager, selecting "trust this application" and accepting the SSL certificate every time. Streamlines the connection process beautifully, and the app as a whole is much faster than AnyConnect. Fantastic work!
- 5 ★: I haven't had any problems with this app and it has an excellent interface.
- 5 ★: I hate cisco software support. The Cisco anyconnect doesn't work, but this works on click.
- 5 ★: Cisco AnyConnect client did not work on my phone in China, so I had to find an alternative. OpenConnect works perfectly!
- 2 ★: Then why oh why does Open Connect/Cisco need access to my photos and media files.. most of the other vpn's don't ask for anything. ..so why do you need access to ours?
- 5 ★: It works great and simply amazing. It would be even better with a notification in top-left corner that shows some info. And, there is no need to ask for username and password every time. Thanks :)
- 4 ★: please show secure connection for servers have valid SSL for recognize by me user which server really secure many servers without SSL tell to people encrypt server please for help better internet and respect to better servers add green bar for servers have SSL Security
- 1 ★: Can't use to connect to my University's VPN. The app crashes on attempting to connect after setup.
- 5 ★: It works, whereas AnyConnect did not work. I have a rooted Nexus 5X.
- 3 ★: I don't know how to use this app
- 3 ★: Error message: "error obtaining cookie"
Instruction for installing OpenConnect app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download OpenConnect app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (app.openconnect-v1.11.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsOpenConnect app apk 1.11 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
Previous versionsOpenConnect 1.11:
Published on: February 21, 2015
File size: 5.8 MB