FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 2.0.03
See all previous versions
|File size:||3.1 MB|
|Publish date:||July 24, 2019|
|Minimum OS||Android 5.0+ (Lollipop)|
|Category||Android Travel & Local Apps|
About FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewFreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app is a free Android Travel & Local app, has been published by FreeRoam on July 24, 2019.
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 2.0.03 is latest version of FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app updated by CloudApks.com on September 05, 2019. On this page you can find FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)This update contains an attempt to fix an issue some users are having where the map and images don't load. If you're still having this issue after the update, please try clearing the app storage for FreeRoam in Android's settings. Very sorry to those that have run into this bug!
The DescriptionHelpful tools and a community for boondockers, all for free!
Find the best free (and paid) campsites to stay at:
- US Public Land (BLM, USFS) and cell coverage map overlays
- Filter by cell signal, road difficulty, weather, safety, crowdedness and more
- Find nearby dump sites, fresh water, groceries, propane, cell towers, etc...
- View low clearance bridges and tunnels, for tall RVs
- Watch videos of others describing the campsites
- Review campsites and and add photos
- Offline support built-in
Find overnight parking locations:
- Search for Walmarts, Casinos and Rest Areas that allow overnight RV parking
Plan out your trip
- Trip planner that maps all planned (and past) stops
- Find campgrounds, Walmarts, etc... near your route
Chat with other boondockers
- Meet new people and keep in touch with those you've met
- See other campers nearby (optional feature)
- Get information on helpful products for boondocking and general camping
This is a new product and we want to make it as helpful as possible, so please let us know what you would like to see added or improved! We're inclusive of everyone - 5th wheel, vanlife, skoolie, motorhome, travel trailer, you name it :)
FreeRoam is built by FreeRoam Foundation, a non-profit focused on helping people enjoy nature in a respectful, sustainable way.
Ratings and Reviews
|4.6 out of 5|
5 ★ (222)
4 ★ (36)
3 ★ (7)
2 ★ (8)
1 ★ (9)
(*) is required
- 3 ★: I guess I don't get the purpose of this app because it only shows current availability. To check future dates you have to follow the link to the campground's website. I guess what I'm having a hard time understanding is why this is better than googling "campgrounds near me."
- 5 ★: Great app. Clear and concise, Im not a fan of a busy app that's not user friendly. This app is perfect.
- 5 ★: Great app. Shows lots of places to camp or just stay the night while on the road. The BLM overlay is also more accurate than a lot of other apps.
- 5 ★: i love this app! makes my new life as a homless veteran much easier.😀 Really great idea. thank you!
- 5 ★: nifty tool for RVers! I love the platform, you can over lay cell phone coverage in addition to free campsites. I love saving money and roaming.
- 2 ★: Frustrating. Good concept but clunky. Navigation is awkward. Hopefully time will smooth things out.
- 5 ★: So far so good, I haven't put too much time into it but I like it. The User Interface is really simple and easy to read.
- 5 ★: awesome love it and the team behind it has real values it seems. perfect synergy of an org doing good with good people
- 1 ★: I can't make it search or show me a satellite view.
- 5 ★: so far so good. less near me but ill will try to add as i go as well.
- 5 ★: I just started using this app, but it is definitely more user friendly than anything else on the market.
- 1 ★: terrible. there are at least 20 campgrounds within 50 miles of my home. this app shows none of them.
- 4 ★: lot's of options for the traveler. love the cell bar ratings.
- 5 ★: detailed and has all the meta data you need to boondock and work remote
- 5 ★: May be the best boondocking app. Love the smoke overlay
Instruction for installing FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (app.freeroam.main-v2.0.03.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
App PermissionsFreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator app apk 2.0.03 apk requires following permissions:
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows an app to access approximate location.
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- This permission is no longer supported.
- Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- Allows an application to take screen shots and more generally get access to the frame buffer data.
- Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_APPLICATION_OVERLAY, shown on top of all other apps.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
Previous versionsFreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 2.0.03:
Published on: July 24, 2019
File size: 3.1 MB
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 2.0.02:
Published on: June 06, 2019
File size: 3.1 MB
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 1.9.00:
Published on: November 08, 2018
File size: 2.6 MB
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 1.8.02:
Published on: October 25, 2018
File size: 4.1 MB
FreeRoam - Boondocking campground locator 1.6.08:
Published on: August 21, 2018
File size: 5 MB