See all previous versions
|File size:||1 MB|
|Publish date:||February 19, 2019|
|Minimum OS||Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread)|
|Category||Android Video Players & Editors Apps|
About mbhRemote app
Table of contents
CloudApks's reviewmbhRemote app is a free Android Video Players & Editors app, has been published by Mike B. Hill on February 19, 2019.
mbhRemote 1.74 is latest version of mbhRemote app updated by CloudApks.com on October 08, 2020. On this page you can find mbhRemote apk details, app permissions, previous versions, installing instruction as well as usefull reviews from verified users.
mbhRemote app apk we provide on this webiste is original and unmodified, no viruses or malware, no additional costs. If there are any problems about downloading, installing this app apk, please let us know.
What's New (Latest updates)Replace initial UI with remotes list. Other items moved to the menu.
The DescriptionmbhRemote is a remote control app that interfaces with Global Cache' hardware devices, a built in IR blasters or other networked hardware devices. With mbhRemote and an IR blaster device such as a Global Cache' iTach IR, you can control any equipment that uses an IR remote.
One or more of the following is required by this app:
- A Global Cache' hardware device
- A hardware device which can be controlled over a home network
- An Android device with a supported built in IR Blaster such as the HTC One
** Full Disclosure **
mbhRemote was designed for users who are looking for a customizable remote app. mbhRemote must be programmed. In most cases you will have to program each remote button individually. There is no 'wizard' style setup. If you are looking for a remote app where you select your equipment manufacturer / model and then everything is configured for you, you should look elsewhere.
Communicates directly with your Global Cache' hardware or built in IR Blaster. There is no additional software to install.
Support for the following Global Cache' devices
iTach Flex devices.
Support for non Global Cache network devices. In the device setup screen select device type 'Other'.
Send IR with the following devices
Any Global Cache' device which supports IR
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Generic (Devices with IR hardware running Android version KitKat or later such as Galaxy S5)
Learn IR with the following devices
GC-100 with GC-IRL
Import IR codes from the following sources
Global Cache's online IR database
A Global Cache' iLearn file
A text file with Pronto hex format IR codes as can be found on RemoteCentral.com
Send any data to any networked device using http, raw tcp or raw udp.
Button press plugin for Tasker integration.
Unlimited number of remotes can be created.
Unlimited number of networked devices can be configured.
Multiple remote layouts - normal remote, keypad, swipe remote and tablet remote. The swipe pad can send left, right, up, down and select button presses with touch screen gestures. It's a great way to navigate menus and program guides. The tablet remote is a composite of the keypad, swiper and normal remote.
Ability to define your own custom remote layouts. Custom layouts support buttons, buttons with custom images, labels and images. Each layout item can be positioned, sized and rotated.
Ability to program hardware volume buttons
Import / Export to save and load programmed data
User definable text for blank buttons
User definable text size and color per remote which can also be overridden per button
User definable button size per remote to customize the overall size of a remote
Macros with an unlimited number of commands
Optional macro on open of a remote
Create a home screen shortcut for any remote
Create a home screen shortcut for any button
Auto repeat option for any IR button
3 different home screen widgets each with a unique combination of buttons
Several backgrounds to choose from
Any button can be programmed to switch to another remote. A useful approach is to use remote layout 'remote3' and set up all your remotes with the same remote switching options using the 5 buttons in the top row. For the button that represents the remote you're currently on, program it as a macro with no commands and set the text color to green. This allows you to easily see which remote you are currently using. Another good approach is to use the hardware volume buttons to move forwards and backwards through a set of remotes.
Ratings and Reviews
|4.4 out of 5|
Less than 100 Ratings
5 ★ (2)
4 ★ (1)
3 ★ (2)
2 ★ (1)
1 ★ (21)
(*) is required
- 2 ★: The task function is not working. Scheduled tasks do not run, or sometimes randomly run at times which you did not specify.
- 5 ★: Works a treat. The tasker plugin with autovoice is the icing on the cake, now have it working with voice commands. Love this app. Good work
- 5 ★: Exactly what I was looking for. Tasker integration is amazing! I would like some more themes for the remote though.
- 5 ★: Tried a bunch of apps before settling on this. It does exactly what I want, and most critically, it integrates with Tasker profiles perfectly. Throw in complete macro support and you can't go wrong. Once you read the help, it's really quite simple to use.
- 5 ★: powerful universal remote setup, intuitive ui with learning mode and macro control, well worth the cost
- 5 ★: Very good app. Must have for all ir enabled phones.
- 5 ★: This app is incredibly powerful. You can add IR codes for any device manually but the GC IR code library should be all you need. I love that I can create shortcut icons for frequently used buttons right on my home page... a very nice touch. Mike is very responsive to emails and has delivered an incredible product for a ridiculous price.
- 5 ★: This to me is THE remote application for Android. It takes a little bit more setup than some of the other remotes you can find but it is way more flexible with macros and also the ability to import remote IR codes for your more esoteric equipment is awesome. To top this off the developer is super responsive to suggestions and questions. I can't recommend this highly enough!
- 5 ★: As the app is still in beta I didn't expect it to be all singing. Thst being said, I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of adding codesets not included in the database.
- 5 ★: If you're looking for a fancy and complicated web-based builder and have $50 to blow get iRule. If you want a fully customizable simple app with widgets and instant developer tech support for the price of a cup of coffee, grab mbhRemote. Works as advertised, interface is professional, and widgets allow convenient customizable control panels right on your home screen. Excellent app...keep up the good work!
- 5 ★: Works fine with the GC-100-12 that I found on eBay, and it is more efficient (quicker response time) than another alternative in the playstore that requires a server (mbhRemote communicates directly with the GC-100). The developer was very helpful with an issue that I had. Overall a great app that does everything I needed without added bloat.
- 5 ★: So easy to use. Big ups to the dev. Home automation for the win!
- 5 ★: Very easy and quick to program once you figure out the steps. Ability to have as many remotes as you want in one android device is great. Obviously the price can't be beat! All I would like to see added is "prettier" buttons and more options for blank remote templates. For less than the price of a high end programmable home theater remote, you can have a nexus 7 or other inexpensive tablet dedicated to remote control duties, with the added bonus of being a great web device for viewing program guides, running apps, etc.
- 5 ★: Its an excellent effort... Much more work to be done though... Plz add more remote types. Also add option for port .. As i use 3 iyach devices.All n all Looks Promising. Cheers!
- 1 ★: Bollocks doesn't work tried using the same ip add as the one for me consol but nothing
Instruction for installing mbhRemote app apk on Android devices
Step 1: Download mbhRemote app apk on this page, save it to easy-to-find location.
Step 2: Make sure that third-party applications are allowed on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Security and check Unknown Sources to allow your device to install applications from sources other than the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files, tap the APK file you downloaded (MHill.mbhRemote-v1.74.apk), tap Install when prompted, this app will be installed on your device.
Note: Detailed steps may be varies with device. This apk file can also be installed on other devices like Windows, PC, Mac, Blackberry, ... Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Q: What is an APK File?
A: An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile applications. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same.
Q: Why CloudApks.com can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from CloudApks.com, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: If I install an APK from CloudApks.com, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like CloudApks.com goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: What are Android Application permissions?
A: Applications require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
Previous versionsmbhRemote 1.74:
Published on: February 19, 2019
File size: 1 MB